RE: [oletrucks] "Ole Black Water"

To: wroworth@tampabay.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] "Ole Black Water"
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:38:25 -0500
Wayne:
Your 'black water' mystery could be nothing more than condensation in the
exhaust system.  My truck does the same thing after it has been setting
awhile or if I start it and run only a few minutes without getting the
engine up to operating temperature.

Drive it around the block a couple of times or run it down the road a few
miles.  Once the engine is up to temperature and the exhaust system is hot,
the water should be evaporated or burned away.

Just to be safe, monitor the coolant level in your radiator for the next few
times you take it out for a drive.  If you are loosing coolant (have to add
to the radiator more frequently than 1-2 times a year), you could be leaking
coolant into the engine.  If you suspect this, take your truck to a garage
and have them do a pressure check of the cooling system to determine if and
possibly where the coolant is going).

Hope this helps.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup