Re: [oletrucks] 5 window conversion?

To: "Alan Horvath" <alan@alanhorvath.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 5 window conversion?
From: "K M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:45:53 -0700
Hi All
Hal & AL On the '54 it is simpler an easier to switch out the top from the
body seam up. Sounds traumatic but much easier than you think.At the rear
you cut slightly above the body seam on your truck and on the doner slightly
below and cut thru the windshield posts.On both units grind flush do not try
to remove spot welds just smooth both surfaces. Set the top on match up the
wind shield posts and weld your splices. I have seen many cabs where the
lower part was rusted away but the upper part was good So hunt one up and
get it ready.
Have Fun
Lee
Prosser WA