[oletrucks] Greetings

Subject: [oletrucks] Greetings
From: Mark Self <bulletnose@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 23:46:16 -0700
I am a returning member.  A couple of years ago, I changed ISPs, and
just never got around to moving my membership.

I am getting close to the end of an almost 9 year rebuild of my '55
1st series 3100 deluxe cab.

I'll be lurking here, to see how many of my old friends are still around.

I'm just finishing my cab.  Biggest problem I'm looking at is this:
Is there a special trick to installing the stock windlace?  I was
thinking of using a lot of dish soap to lubricate it as I move it
arounsd the door.  Should i start at the front or bac, or does it make
any difference?

In your opinion, what is the best method to attach the "Beaded window
seals"?  I've been told that originally they were held in plce with
staples.  It was suggested that they could also be held in place with
either small sheet metal screws or even pop rivets.  I was wondering
if it would work okay to just glue them in with weatherstripping glue.

Mark Self
bulletnose@gmail.com