Re: [oletrucks] Fan Question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fan Question
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:36:42 -0400
Scott Beckley wrote:

> I have a 52 chevy pickup with a 235 in it. I have a griffin radiator
> and would like to use an electric fan instead of stock fan. Is this
> possible and if what side of the radiator would be best? And is there
> room??

Hey, Scott

The motor-side (pulling, NOT pushing) is always best ... and, since
heat rises, you want the fan as high up on the radiator as possible.

I have a 350 sbc in my truck, but last year I put a new Walker radiator
in -- see here:
http://www.alanhorvath.com/54chevy/walker_rad.php

And I wired it up with 2 relays and a fusible link (way, way better
than using a circuit breaker, if you ask me) -- see here:
http://www.alanhorvath.com/54chevy/mad_electrical_2.php

Alan
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/