RE: [oletrucks] 235 engine remote starter

To: phoneman@ticon.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 235 engine remote starter
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:36:30 +0000
unfortunately a remote starter will not work with a floor starter. a remote
energizes the solinoid to magneticaly engage the bendix and the high amp
contact in the starter. your foot engages the bendix manualy and make the
contact work. even if you used a 200 amp remote start, the starter would
spin without engaging the flywheel. use a teenager!

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...