[oletrucks] Spotted a '55-'56 Chevy tow truck in Virginia for

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Spotted a '55-'56 Chevy tow truck in Virginia for
From: gremlingts@aol.com
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 09:07:38 -0500
  WHile driving home thru Powhatan County, I spotted a blue Task Force Chevy
tow truck for sale, so I turned about and went back. Got a few pictures of it
as well. Looks in decent shape, minimal outside body rust. Tow rig is old-style
sling, high boom single round pole, single cable. The bed has a wavy edge to
it, that looks like orginal style back then. Cable to lift is broken, the
rubber slings are wasted away. Doesn't look like it's in working condition.
  The hood ornament has the Chevy emblem below the upper horizontal wings, I
think that's '56? I should know, I have a '55, but I've forgotten. LOL. Also
has 2 emblems to either side of it, late model, say 8 / 350, so those are off
some '70's Chevy trucks, it looks like. Interior is decent, too. I'm probably
going to call on it, just to see what they want. I'd like to get a "working"
tow truck , but this looks interesting.
  Anyway, it seems to be mostly orginal, other than the running gear, with the
high boom and wavy bed edge. Anyone hazard a guess as to whether or not it
could be? I could send a picture of it to individuals. Hope everyone has had a
wonderful holiday end of year. HNY !

Jerry in northern VA