[oletrucks] RE:

To: "'Mark Noakes'" <mark@noakes.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] RE:
From: B & M Dumkee <bmdumkee@northwestel.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:52:23 -0700
Mark

I purchased reproduction front fenders for my 59 GMC when it was restored
two years ago.

The restoration shop that did the work was very happy with the quality of
the fenders and they fit well. There only complaint was when they went to
install the headlight panel is that it did not fit perfectly with the
reproduction fenders.

I also compared the cost and when paying someone to fix rust it is often
cheaper to purchase reproduction instead of fixing rust. My shop estimated
they could fix my fenders for slightly less than the cost of the
reproduction fenders, but they did not feel confident that the rust would be
completely removed from all the folded seams.

I also went with a complete reproduction box from Mar-K, but ended up using
my original rear fenders as they were not being reproduced at the time.

Blaine Dumkee
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bdumkee/my_photos