[oletrucks] Soft Pedal on power disk/drim brakes

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Soft Pedal on power disk/drim brakes
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:27:17 -0500
Hey Guys,....this quesiton has probably been asked a hundred times, but here
goes....I just hooked up the brakes on my 57 3100 today.  New system consists
of a mustang II brake booster, master cylinder, CPP front disk brake kit, and
stock rear drum brakes.  I have a custom master cylinder cap that hooks to a
remote resovior on the firewall.  I have been bleeding and bleeding the
system, have brakes, but a very soft pedal, and it goes nearly to the floor.
I am using the stock pedal also.  I have run nearly a full bottle of fluid
through the system, not seeing any signs of air, and the system draws from the
remote reservoir as it is suppose to.  I also have a proportioning valve from
a similar size truck....I was told that I did not need a residual valve on the
lines...could this be causing the soft pedal?

Looking for some advice on what to look for....I have been using a "one man"
bleeder to bleed the brakes...

Thanks!!

Mike