[oletrucks] 350 Pully Problems

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 350 Pully Problems
From: AKAMF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:01:54 EST
Need some help here,

I bought a 350 Long block without any of the front stuff other than a 8"
balancer. I bought a long water pump, alternator brackets that bolt to the
water
pump and power steering pump and brackets that bolt to the block and water
pump. I've got a two-belt pully on the balancer and water pump. They will not
line
up properly. Either the balancer needed to go back toward the engine or the
water pump needs to come out about a 1/4". I pulled the timing cover to make
sure the balancer was in completely, and it is. I've got spacers to put behind
the water pump pully, but with 1/4", there is no shaft left for the fan. The
water pump seems to be the culprit because the alternator pully doesn't line up
either unless the spacers are put behind the w.p. pully. Are there different
lengths of shafts on different long water pumps? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance, any input would be great. I've been batteling this for a
couople weeks now.

Brian Gleeson
57 GMC flatbed 4x4

Santa Ana, CA