Re: [oletrucks] Missing web page

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Missing web page
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:55:29 EST
Hello Wayne & OleTruckers,

I remember the "Poor Man's Tips" name, searched through my computer notes, &
came up with this from sometime in 2002:

---
PoorMansAdvanceDesignWWWSite

http://www.glennmueller.com/advdes.html

This site is dedicated to the 'Advance Design' series of Chevy trucks (1947
thru early 1955), including their GMC cousins. The intent of this page is to
collect and offer advice to those folks rebuilding or restoring such pickups;
especially those of us with limited cash and resources.

Tips:

Good rearend donor vehicles:

For a half ton truck a 1984-1985 Camaro disc brake rearend is the ticket;
just change the spring pads Thanks J.S.

Building a 1953 1/2 ton and for running gear I got a 1977 Versailles 9" w/
disc brakes, from the same hulk I used the power brake hydro-boost unit which
fits nicely under the cab (with a few home made brackets). Thanks D.H.

1976 Lincoln 9 inch rearend with disks. Just need to change spring pads.
Thanks Todd

Early 1970's 8 inch rearend out of Ford Granada or Maverick. Leaf spring pads
line up perfect. Per C.D. who claims it is the narrowest he could find
without tubing out the box. Thanks C.D.

1964-1978 Nova is a bolt-in? (Need more input: One source warns that they may
require welding new mounting pads. Also may be too narrow.) Thanks C.M.

1979 Firebird. Thanks T.S.

For better highway speeds with the original rearend (3/4 ton), you can use
the gearing from a later model Chevy 3/4 ton rearend (thru 1970). Per B.P. who
used gears from a 1970 3/4 ton. Thanks B.P.

Also for better speeds, use GMC rearend; Advance Design years vintage. Great
with 16" wheels. Thanks Randy

9 inch Ford from 1970's pickup or Bronco. Thanks M.C.

---
It seems to me there were other tips on the site:  I just kept these. I may
have edited them.

I had no luck opening the site today. Maybe Glen is operating a different www
site now?

Regards & Hope this helps.

Culver Adams
1951 Chevy 3100 (Still looking for a better rear end than the 4.11 torque
tube.)
Minneapolis

---