Re: [oletrucks] frame cleaning and rust

To: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] frame cleaning and rust
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 07:54:45 -0800
Tom: I'm using POR 15 black so far on parts of my 55 1st PU frame & 75 chev
PU bolt in front end - looks great & I have seen other 5 ~ 6 year old in use
applications that look great here in the North West.

POR 15 is tough stuff to get off anything you don't want it on - that's what
I like about it ( don't put on any threads ). It is pricey - pd $80 ~ 90 for
a gal. at a swap meet two year ago. I soaked the frame / parts with 409 -
power washed & then repeated with Marine Clean that cleans with out any
remaining film. I contacted POR 15 at www.15.com to get a local distributor
in case I need it - shipping gets pricey with wt.

I bought four new quart can - filled & just now on my second can - use the
screw method to seal as I re-open the quarts - store on the bottom shelf of
my beer frig - two years & still looked good last month.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Thi