[oletrucks] More rear 4 link questions

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] More rear 4 link questions
From: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstusmc@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:53:01 -0700 (PDT)
  Hope all had a wonderful 4th of July! I listened to alot of ohh and ahh's
from the grand daughters last night watching fireworks. Freedom sure is a
Blessing!
    I received my new axle brackets and tacked them in as directed at 35"
center to center (wife remeasured it for me, haha). So I played around and
bolted it all in to see how it would be 2nd time around.
    What I found was with the frame brackets bolted in as specified by
directions it puts the axle 1 1/2" forward of the original axle centerline
(should be 36.5" from back of the frame according the factory ass. manual-which
is 1/4" off from my actual measurement before I removed the original). I also
found that the 4 link center to center at the frame mounts is about 33 1/2",
not 35 like the axle brackets".
    Shouldn't this measurement be the same as the axle brackets for the 4 link
to be square?
    I'll be removing the bolts from the frame brackets and moving the brackets
back 1 1/2" to set the axle at the correct centerline and then weld/bolt them
in place. As I do this should I remeasure the frame bracket centerline and redo
the axle bracket placement to make the 4 link square or should it be angled out
slightly like this? I did not have too much trouble getting bolts through
bracket holes this time.
  Thanks in advance!
  Steve Suckmeyer
  51 3100