[oletrucks] inner fender assemble

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] inner fender assemble
From: Tom Cooper <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:54:11 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
This may be a little difficult to explain. but here goes......
I have a 55 2nd TF truck that i just put a Camaro suspension under. I have also
tack welded the two end pieces to the frame that has my radiator and bumper
mounts. I am using the inner fenders, and outer fenders to get an idea of how
high to mount the radiator supports. I bolted the radiator support to the T
shaped mounts on the old frame stubs. However when i mount the inner fenders
and outside fenders to the truck the radiator support is 1 and a half or 2
inches lower than the end of the fenders.
The outside fenders look straight according to the gaps at the cab and door. If
i tilt the fenders down to match the radiator suppor, the gap at the cab and
doors are way off.
The innder fender rests on the frame stubs right besie the radiator mounts,
just as i think it should. All the bolt holes going from the outside fender
into the inner fenders match. The holes on the front going from the inner
fender into the outside fender match up. So because all the holes line up keeps
me from being able to raise the radiator mount becasue the gap at the cab and
door will be off.

If anyone is in the process of assembling their truck, or already have it
assembled and have pictures of exactly how the front pieces connect, i would
appreciate them passing them along to me. I took some pictures before i took it
apart, but i guess i didnt take picts if the right things. This truck was
wrecked before and i am not 100% sure it was put back together correctly to
begin with.

I am sure this email is confusing, so if there are any one that can maybe help
me out, i would be gald to call you or you can call me. Maybe i am just missing
something. I am getting excited about my truck starting to looklike a truck
again and maybe i am not seeing something i done wrong.  Thanks for the
help..Tom