[oletrucks] Blazer

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Blazer
From: "mr55chev" <mr55chev@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:24:52 -0600 (Mountain Standard Time)
From: "Tom  Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1979 Silverado Blazer?

I finally found a steering column for my 552nd. I also got the
P/booster, MC, proportioning valve, and hanging pedals.
I got it from a full size 1979 Silverado. The guy said it was a Blazer,
But I never saw Blazer on the truck. I was wondering when Chevy first
Made Blazers? This was a big truck, is it possible it was a Silverado
Suburban? I guess it doesn't matter a lot, but if I ever need parts it
Would be nice to know exactly what they came off of. I'll call the guy
Monday and ask him again. Maybe I misunderstood him.

Tom, the Blazer first came out in 1969.  It was built from the pickup truck
components, and continued that way thru the '90's.
The 1979 Silverado was the deluxe trim option on Chevrolet trucks, including
Blazers.  Parts should be the same.   But the
Source of parts that seem to fit well is great, thank you.

Sandy Pierce
Salt Lake City, Utah
55-2 GMC Suburban Pickup

imstp_usa.gif]