Re: [oletrucks] 59 3200 ignition question

To: "Jonas Thaler" <jonasthaler@jonasthaler.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 59 3200 ignition question
From: "K M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:35:52 -0700
Jonas, your truck could have an ignition wire with a built in resistance
wire to the + side of your coil . With this setup you will usually see 2
wires on one terminal hooked the + side of the coil one wire to the starter
solenoid and the other to the ignition switch. To check disconnect this wire
from coil and with switch on read voltage if it reads a few volts less than
12v it is a resistance wire and needs no resister of any kind built in or
external.
Lee
Prosser WA