[oletrucks] 1950 trans question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1950 trans question
From: MLayton324@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:01:35 EST
hello all-
looking for some advice on my 50 3100 three speed tranny.  recently it  had
started to howl some in second gear and was sometimes hard to shift from  first
to second only.  yesterday the howling seemed to move to first gear.  now
first and second have gotten real loud almost to a screeching sound.   i'm
proud
to say this truck and my harley are my only transportation. my budget  is very
limited(disabled).  anybody else had this tranny problem?  if  so, any ideas
on repair costs or would i be better to try to find a used  transmission for
it?  the truck has a mid 50's 235 with three speed on  column and enclosed
driveline with 3.55 rear gears that i added. thanks in  advance,as always.

mike layton
50 3100
wedgefield, sc