Re: [oletrucks] VIN #

To: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>,<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VIN #
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:27:22 -0500
Tom,
   To use a saved email from Jim Forbes I have the following info regarding
the VIN # on the frame. Hope it helps..  Hope the system don't strip out
the pasted info as it usually does. So if the below is missing i'll retype
in another email...   --wayne

A partial VIN is also on the frame, in TWO places.  The first is near
the steering gear, the second is under the cab, also on top of the
frame, and is rather hard to find unless the cab is off the frame.  This
partial VIN is missing the first few characters...I beleive it starts
with the model year, then has the assembly plant, then the sequential
number...so, it's missing the truck model number...which you can deduce
from looking at the frame anyways.  So, if it's a 59 shortbed truck,
with a 6 cyl from the factory, the VIN would look like 3A59L123456.  The
partial VIN on the frame would be 59L123456 in this case.