[oletrucks] RE: 6 lug disc brake kits for AD

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: 6 lug disc brake kits for AD
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
so heres link to 6 lug kit referenced.
http://www.heavychevy.com/html/brakes.html
scroll down....
if unavailable and enough demand(10 units) i will set about creating a
6 lug kit to fit 47-55 AD trucks.

in my understanding(limited range of motion) the 3/4-1t hubs/drums? are
the same from 52 or 53(conflict?) up to 59 and the 51/52?-down are
different.
because i have a FIELD of trucks i will be investigating those
statements myself regarding the 8-lug axles(first)

then i will investigate the 6 lug.
my kit cares NOT A WHIT what hub you have as long as distance from drum
mounting surface-backing plate bolt surface is the same. just have to
devise my own caliper that will wrap around a drum and measure.
Mark

photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC