Re: [oletrucks] Front Hub removal from drum

To: "Hanlon, Bill \(ISS Houston\)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Front Hub removal from drum
From: "Kent S. Butler" <kent_butler@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 19:03:11 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to everyone for their input and comments.  I was able to get the hub
separated from the drum today.  The heads for the rivets were on the inside of
the drum (or so I thought).  So I drilled one of them out as a test.  I was not
able to punch the rivet out, but what I did notice was that this was not what
was holding the hub to the drum.  I laid a piece of wood on the front of the
hub and gave it a few good whacks and it fell out.  Apparently the previous
owner had already removed the rivet heads and it was being held together by
rust.

Thanks again for the help.

Kent S Butler
'56 Chevy 3100