[oletrucks] Air Conditioning Swap

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Air Conditioning Swap
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:56:17 -0500
I've been looking at the aftermarket air conditioning units (Vintage
Air, Old Air, etc.), but I don't like the $1000+ price tags for my 1950
Chevy 3100 with a 350 engine.  In between eating turkey and watching
football today, I had a thought:  I have a 1998 Isuzu Amigo V6 that has
lots of problems, but the air conditioning works fine.  To the
all-knowing list, would it be possible to take the A/C system out of the
Amigo and use it in my truck?  Would it work, or are there reasons that
I shouldn't consider it?

Thanks for any thoughts or input.
Mark Mintmier