[oletrucks] Radiator Placement

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Radiator Placement
From: Ric McAnulty <ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:42:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Gang, I have a question on mounting of the radiator in my 50 3100. It has a
235-6. Due to slippage of a saw (drats), I poked a hole in the radiator which
prompted the removal. I noticed that the PO had mounted the rad in between the
u-channel up front rather than to the engine side which the mounting holes
would indicate, since the mounting holes have a machine nut insert. I tried
slipping the rad back down the engine side, and ran into an issue with the fan.
I know I've seen discussions on long vs. short water pumps, but don't remember
if that pertains to a 235.
The long and short of it is, I only have an inch between fan blades and
flywheel damper so I don't think I can put a "shorter" water pump on, and no
room to slide the rad on the engine side of the mount between the fan blades
where I think it should be.
Can anybody tell me what gives???
Maybe a picture or two????

Thanks in advance