[Oletrucks] LED Tail llight lenses

To: <Oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] LED Tail llight lenses
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@watersidewireless.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:14:45 -0600
Morning Group

This past summer I had gone through the ordeal of purchasing and installing
LED tail lights on my 52.  The first ones that I got were Dakota Digitals and
to say the least they were way to expensive as well as relied on only one LED
for each tail lamp.  I also had a problem in that within a day or so of
installing them one quit.  Dakota Digital stood behind the product and replace
it on warranty howeve it left a bad taste in my mouth.  I happened to be in a
supplier' shop and found a direct replacement system from United Pacific.
They have a website www.unitedpacificind.com
They will be able to identify a supplier in your area if you contact them and
they will also send out catalogs.  The have tail lights for just about
anything that we would be interested in.  I got my lights from Scotts Super
Trucks and they were $30.00 each Canadian.  The lights from Dakota Digital
ended up costin me in the range of $250.00 Canadian.

The United Pacific lights consist of 49 LED lights mounted in a direct fit
tail light lense and consist of three wires to connect.  Pretty simple and wow
do they work extremely well.

Hope this helps.

Mac Kinghorn