Re: [Oletrucks] hood alignment

To: Tom Cooper <cooptnt@att.net>, "oletrucks@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] hood alignment
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:00:05 +0000
I fixed the "too high in the rear" problem on my '57 GMC years ago by putting
shims (washers) between the bottom of the hinge and cab.  Doesn't make sense
to my feeble brain, but it worked.  Got the tip from someone on this e-mail
list many years ago.  Old horseshoe shaped shims, like those used for front
end alignment, work best because you don't have to completely remove the
bottom hinge-to-cab bolt to put them into place.