Re: [Oletrucks] Rebuild of 1951

To: Arizona Real Estate <tikuayla@yahoo.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Rebuild of 1951
From: Miq Millman <miq@bigllama.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:43:06 -0800
I rarely post to the list these days.  This is one of those rare
occasions I have to step in.

It is precisely this attitude that caused the rift in the oletrucks vs
old-chevy-trucks (yahoogroup I believe) a dozen years ago.  Rob and
others got all bent out of shape and couldn't stand any discussion
about how to mod or improve that detracted from stock.  They also
couldn't handle ignoring those posts.  The end result there is another
list that Rob runs that is strictly stock restoration.

That was never the intent with the oletrucks list.  This list is here
to help anyone who wants to get his or her oletruck (of GM based
origin, we don't tolerate the F-word) into a better running order.

You don't like what they are doing?  Too bad.  It's their time, money
and effort on their oletruck.  Now keep your comments to yourself
unless it is an offer to buy their oletruck from them for a large
enough pile of money that they can follow what ever 'advice' you gave,
or have a pertinent answer to the original question (in this case
fitment of '54 fenders on '51 cab).

  --Miq

--
--