[Oletrucks] Voltage Regulator question

To: Old_ChevroletGMCTrucks@yahoogroups.com, ole trucks
Subject: [Oletrucks] Voltage Regulator question
From: Bob Chansler <bobchansler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
I have noticed lately when driving around that my ammeter never dips to
discharge and when driving at normal speed. It is quit a ways into the charge
zone. Even with the lights on and at idle, the needle stays on the charge side.
I measured the voltage on the bat terminal and it is 13 volts at idle and 15.5
at 1500 rpm. My manual doesn't say what it should be. Do I need a new
regulator? Any advantage to switch to an alternator?
Thanks,
Bob Chansler
Mead, CO

Oletrucks@autox.team.net