[Oletrucks] Frame Boxing

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Frame Boxing
From: Carson Holloway <my49chevytruck@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:32:45 -0500
I know that a lot of people have boxed in their frame on AD truck and other
types of vehicles.  My question is there a website, a book, etc. that explains
the proper steps in doing so as I really cant find a good source.  They say
to cut the medal out to fit and weld it to the frame is basically all I cant
find and more Im finding people that are doing the whole debate on boxing or
not boxing and that type of stuff.  I guess the main thing Im trying to find,
which makes sense to me, is if you are putting POR 15, an Epoxy paint, powder
coating, etc. on the frame and you want to protect the inside of the frame as
well, that you will need to do this before you actually boxing the frame in.
This makes sense as theres no way once its welded to spray and/or brush the
protector on the frame.  But you dont need to do the whole frame yet as if
you need to do more welding then you will have to grind the place off your
welding and reapply what you took off you didnt need to.  I hope that maybe
some of you that have already been through this process and found a good
source to go by will be able to help me out.

Thanks

Carson Holloway
Meridian, MS
1949 Chevy 3100