Re: [Oletrucks] Oletrucks Digest, Vol 2, Issue 40

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Oletrucks Digest, Vol 2, Issue 40
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:31:21 -0700 (PDT)
if you have big radiator and it does fine at night its simply a matter of
airflow.
Your fan is not pulling enough!

55TF camper ran hot if i pushed it... used water wetter, 100% distilled water,
shroud.. etc. still ran hot.
removed flex fan and installed a same size fixed puller fan and now I can not
make it run hot.

flex fan just couldnt pull enough air volume.

if you CAN run mechanical fan-do it. try a flex fan first(my TF is 7,000#
camper with frontal area of a house!)
if flex fan still not work-then run 6 blade hard fan.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-1719P/

if you can only run electric-use a relay and a #8 wire to relay and big #8 from
relay to fan.
also spend the bucks and get the highest CFM rated fan you can buy-$250
3,000cfm fan is cheap peace of mind over teh $100 kragen 1,000cfm fan.
Mark
PM me for my phone for clarity.

> From: smokey@railops.com
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:21:48 -0500
> Subject: [Oletrucks] Overheating 350 in my '58 Apache
>
> Hey guys, I have a question about my '58 Apache. I have a small block 350,
> and can never keep the engine cool in the summer. When the ambient
> temperature reaches mid 90s the engine heats up to 220+. Stopped in traffic
> I have to turn the air conditioner off and sometimes run the heater just to
> keep it from boiling over. At night it runs cool. I have installed an
> aluminum radiator and a big electric fan, and don't know what else to do.
> One mechanic told me that the shape of the hood keeps the hot air inside
the
> engine compartment, but I don't buy that. Anyone else had such a problem?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Smokey Culver
>
> League City, Texas
>
> 1950 3600 5-window Jitterbug