Re: [Oletrucks] A D Hood Pie Cut

To: James Hays <thomasind@nventure.com>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] A D Hood Pie Cut
From: Gale Gorman <gale_gorman@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:26:35 -0500
Lay out your cuts carefully and then cut with a die grinder using even more
care. This will let you make the cut with minimal distortion. Plan to make some
vertical cuts to make the transition smooth out. Weld it an inch at a time with
TIG if you have it, MIG if you don't. TIG will distort less due to the pinpoint
heat.

All this time I thought the "stock bulgy look" was what made our trucks unique.
Now you're trying for the PT Cruiser look. Not so unique but to each his own.

I would get the metal as perfect as possible and then make the final sculpting
with lead. Plastic filler won't stay very well in that situation but lead is
all I use.
--
Gale Gorman
Houston