Re: [Oletrucks] unison seat

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] unison seat
From: "Jon" <groups@ez15loan.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 08:01:17 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not really sure if the unison seat adds any additional value to
the truck.  They weren't that common and personally, I didn't see an
huge benefit to them unless the driver wants a different seat setting
then the passenger side.  The problem is, for the smaller seat there
are one of two additional brackets that where welded to the floor
board.  So, it's not a simple unbolt and bolt the unison (both halves)
into another truck's seat riser...some welding/alterations are
involved.

I'm not an expert, but to me the unison is like the barton bumper.
It's a cool thing to talk about and great if you have a reason for
using/having it...but otherwise, doesn't add any  additional value to
the vehicle.  IE...a mind condition barton can be had for $50 - $100.
I've seen the unisons (when you can find them) for about the price of
a nice stock bench seat...around $250.  Much like the barton's...they
didn't seem that popular.

--
Jon