Re: [Oletrucks] bed wood strip

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] bed wood strip
From: Gale Gorman <gale_gorman@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:06:48 -0500
I wasn't surprised by the test results. Clear is pretty but only if you have a
garage queen. I have new wood for two beds that I got from Mar-K. Their
instructions were to give the wood a thorough water treatment first thing. I
coated all sides heavily with Thompson's Water Seal and their instructions said
to wait 30 days before applying oil base paint.

My 30 days is up and my plan is to thin down black Rust-O-Leum oil base enamel
and coat all sides several times. My wife wants me to go with clear but then
she drives a Nissan Rogue so what does she know.

I've bought a lot of new stepside trucks starting in '62 and the wood was
always black. I was surprised at how well it held up.
--
Gale Gorman
Houston

>>On May 28, 2010, at 12:04 PM, wayne osborne wrote:

Most any of the vendors carry the strips. http://www.mar-k.com/ has always
been a leader regarding bed wood and s
Here's a good article from them on bed wood finishes
http://www.mar-k.com/final_summary.html Here's there catalog and there are
many variations of the strips -  http://www.mar-k.com/catalog/catalog.aspx

--wayne

Oletrucks@autox.team.net