Re: [Oletrucks] cams etc. (henry rhone)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] cams etc. (henry rhone)
From: Leon Corley <lcorley2@att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:44:02 -0500
Hi Henry,

Yes, hi-perf parts for the 235 are expensive, and Clifford is at the
high end of that.
Try Patrick Dykes (http://www.patricksantiquecars.com/chevyparts.htm).
He sells Howard grind cams.
He may not be able to save you much money, but if you discuss what
you're trying to accomplish with him, he can help make sure you don't
buy the wrong thing and pay a lot for something you end up being unhappy
with.

BTW, Patrick is the reason we have the Fenton headers and intakes
available for the 235.

Also talk with Larrowe & Sons
(http://prostores1.carrierzone.com/servlet/chevyhotrod6_serrahost_com/StoreFront)

In general, I recommend that you not buy difficult parts directly from a
website.  Instead, talk to the people at the company.  Most of them are
old school, and they don't have the inclination or tech savvy to put
everything they know on the web.  But they do like to be respected and
appreciated for their contribution to our hobby.  A little bit of
pleasant conversation, even on the phone, will get you a lot of knowledge.

regards,
Leon

> Hello Y'all,
>
> I am lookin for a cam for my 235 but so far the only source  I have been able
> to find is Clifford Eng.
> and they are EXPENSIVE!  Any other sources greatly appreciated.  Also anyone
> out there with
> experience adding 4bbl intake, carb., header's, alum. valve cover, side plate
> info greatly appreciated.

Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47