Re: Electrical ducting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical ducting
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 08:13:21 -500

Dave Williams writes:

>  The only thing I regret is spacing the outlets four feet apart.  If I do it
> again, I'll do it two or three feet.  Quad boxes might have helped, but
> they're special order items around here.

That is odd- they are available from most building, and any electrical supply
centers.

I've got mine at 4"- generally good, fits stud spacing, etc. I have some dual
recepticles, and some quad. Rather than the expense of lots of quad outlets,
you can convert your duals to hex with the 6 outlet plug-in blocks that
available from K-Mart to building supply places for around $4-5. Real handy,
and you can just put them where & when needed. Good for most uses. There's
even a couple varities with built-in surge suppressors.

>Q: What's the address of the mailing list web site?

You can get the shop-talk list archives directly from the Shop Talk web page:

http://www.team.net/www/shop-talk/
 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"