Loc-Tite: from the horse's mouth

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Loc-Tite: from the horse's mouth
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 22:18:46 -0500
Check out this reference on Loc-Tite's web site: They *do* list "Cylinder
block and rocker arm studs" as an application for their RED (the strong
stuff) threadlocker.  See  http://www.permatex.com/products/27100.htm
LOCTITE HIGH STRENGTH THREADLOCKER RED

OEM specified as 271(tm)

High strength threadlocker for heavy-duty applications. Especially
well-suited for permanently locking studs and press fits. Adds 3000 PSI
holding power on slip and press fit assemblies. Replaces set screws and
snaprings. Locks against vibration loosening. Requires extra effort or
special tools for removal.

 APPLICATIONS: Cylinder block and rocker arm studs, ring gear bolts,
 frame bolts, shock absorber bolts

 Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB                         http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191
     "When she told me I was average, she was just being mean."