Re: shield gas for MIG

To: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Subject: Re: shield gas for MIG
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 23:58:59 -0400
Susan and John Roper wrote:
> I must disagree.  You cannot use CO2 to shield aluminum.  On mild steel
> you can use CO2, a mix or Argon.  CO2 is cheaper and your setup will be
> slightly different.  I use argon for everything because I need only one
> bottle.  John

  This would back up what I was told as well. For mild steel the
75A/25C works great.

  For aluminum, pure Argon is the only way to go, but it's more
expensive
so it's a waste of money if you are welding steel and using 100 percent
argon.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/