Lift Stops

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lift Stops
From: Eric Petrevich <inchman@prolog.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:40:47 -0400
Matt talks about making a lift stop with switches on the lift.

Matt (and others) this isn't a flame or anything, but instead of putting
the lift stop on the lift, you would want it on the ceiling.  That way,
if you put a differant car on the lift, it would still work.
Radio shack has a light sensor that could trip a relay that would shut
off the lift. Mount the unit on the ceiling (about 2 inches from the
top) Run the light beam from the front to back, instead of side to
side.  That would work fine and only cost about $40.
LMK if you need any help with plans.

FWIW, I use a traffic light hooked up to these sensor to tell me when I
get my car in far enough.  They are real easy to set up.

--
Inch
Hooligan  #3

"I used to cry about not having any shoes,
until I met a man with only one motorcycle!" 8>)