RE: Engine cranes

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Engine cranes
From: tw@mcc.com
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:27:12 -0500
As Keith points out, this storage issue is the problem. I've been renting
since I just don't have space to store even a folding one; around here
(central Texas) rental costs run about $17.50/day. My rental place has two
varieties; one comes apart, another that is sort of a trailer. The latter is
quite convenient if you have anything with a hitch ball; it is hard to
describe in text but basically the main shaft forms the tongue and there are
small trailer wheels out to the side. It saves a lot of hassle, you just tow
it home, wheel it to where you need it, flip it up, and go to work. When
you're done, flip it down, hitch up and haul it back.

I wish I had space for a lift, no matter which direction my engines come
out...

Tw