RE:Disposing of Brake Fluid

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:Disposing of Brake Fluid
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:12:03 -0600
>My local Auto Parts store uses a furnace that burns engine drain oil said
>that putting the brake fluid in with the drain oil is OK.  But not
>antifreeze.  And both are glycol base?  Hmmmm.

The difference is that brake fluid is *all* organic; there's no water in
it (well, you know, there *shouldn't* be!).  But antifreeze contains mucho
H2O, even straight out of the jug; the water doesn't seem to burn too well
in the furnace...

 Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB                         http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191