Re: Finding an elctrical short

To: rex@wmautomotive.com
Subject: Re: Finding an elctrical short
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:34:32 -0400 (EDT)
The compass needle will turn perpendicular to a current-carrying wire.

Isolate the bundle so that current is only flowing through the wire
where it shouldn't, move the compass along that bundle and where it
stops pointing perpendicular to the wire and starts pointing to the
real magnetic north is where the current is sneaking off to ground.

HTH.
Donald.