Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 06:48:57 -0800
>>> "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net> 12/6/2000 1:12:41 AM >>>
>
> I have a different perspective.  I bought a cheap impact wrench from
> Menards.  Treat it like dirt.  If it ever craps out, I will buy another one.
> I have abused it for about 7 years, and it is still taking it.  For thirty
> bucks, I can't complain.

I agree with Phil.  I have two impacts.  The cheapie that gets used all the
time and tossed around.  And the good expensive one that gets used when
I need more "impact".  It gets a reserved spot in my tool chest..

>When it comes to other tools like Vice-grips
>...I'd rather pay the $3 for a knock-off that
>works 95% as well.

I also agree with this.  The cheap "Vice-grips" aren't worth the pot metal
they're
made of.  I've also thrown a couple away...

But I do use Craftsman tools (and lately a few Husky) instead of Snap-On.
My tools don't have to be the Highest quality, but they still have to be good
ones.

Tim Mullen