Re: Mousers (was Electronic pest repellants)

To: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Subject: Re: Mousers (was Electronic pest repellants)
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 15:18:08 -0500
jmark.vanscoter@amd.com wrote:

> When I lived in Hawaii (Oahu, Kailua), the local lumberyard was just full of
> cats, they were even sleeping on the counters.
>
> I like cats too, but that seemed a bit much. So I asked someone "Why all the
> cats?" He replied "The Rats were eating all the pine doors, costing us a
> bunch!"
>
> So I responded "What can these cats do against a full grown rat?" The quick
> response was "Not much against the adults, but they are very good at eating
> the babies. No babies, soon no adults!"
>
> Get any cat with a killer instinct, like a farm cat.

One of the lumber yards I frequent has a only one cat as a mouser.  I
commented on how small and scrawny that caw was.  The guy at the
counter said it was the best mouser they ever had in the yard.  Their
last mouser was a big tomcat that could not catch a thing.  I had
cats all my life and some were great hunters and others could not
catch a thing.  Go figure.  My Shar-Pei dog is a fine mouser.

Bill Gilroy

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
wmgilroy.vcf]