Re: Air Compressors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressors
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:27:37 -0800
Mike Rambour wrote:

>    I am in the process of finally getting rid of my Sears 6.5HP Airless
> compressor for a real compressor.

Mike,

I know the feeling -- I just spent yesterday afternoon running a
DA sander on my old van, and the "6HP" CH single stage pump
almost never stopped running.

Although I have not used this firm, yet, I have talked to them
and they seem to be very knowledgeable and have fine equipment at
very reasonable prices (Birmingham Compressor):

http://www.industrialgold.com/new_page_3.htm

(these look like IR compressors -- this particular one is 4
cylinder and runs at 595 RPM -- the prices are lower when you
call them than posted on the web).

They have a full range of Mack Air pumps with some three cylinder
models starting as low as $700. I would take a look here before
buying from TIP -- I like TIP a lot, but they tend to be a little
more expensive.

This firm sells nothing but compressors, they have a broad range
and low pricing.

One compressor I have been stalking for a long time is the 7 1/2,
24 CFM Ingersoll-Rand.  It is about $1,500 from HF ready to roll.

have fun!

doug

///
///