Re: Air Compressors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressors
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:44:58 -0800
   Remember me ? I am the guy with the Sears "airless" compressor who a
month ago asked about air compressors because my wife was going to buy me
one for Valentines day.  I want to say THANK YOU to all the replies, I am
sorry I didn't get to personally reply to some of you but I will.  On
Monday after I sent the message my boss called me into his office, closed
the door and informed that "so-and-so" was not working out and his project
was 2 weeks behind schedule.  He was aware that my piece of the project was
in the critical path and needed to be completed so others could do their
part, but I needed to buckle down and not fall behind on my work and "oh by
the way, so-and-so is 2 weeks behind and you need to finish his project for
him" .

  Well that was the end of my life for a few weeks but now I have a comp
time vacation that I am taking very soon and I really need a compressor, so
here I go again.  Does anyone on this list have a compressor by these
people http://www.industrialgold.com/  ? specifically their 5hp but any
will do.  It was recommended by someone on this list who does not have
their compressor and I have spoken with them, they appear to be a small
shop and I am concerned about parts in the future as well as reliability
now.  I am not against a small 4 or 5 employee shop but if they go under
where do I find parts ?  I suppose it is the same problem with the Champion
compressor that TIP sells, TIP might be around but will Champion ?  The
industrial gold compressors do sound like a better unit, at least the
salesman (who happened to be the owner) claimed they were better :)  It is
also $200 less than TIP for the same basic specs but the industrialgold
also has auto-drain, mag starter and runs at a lower RPM which is supposed
to be quieter.

http://www.industrialgold.com/new_page_2.htm

  Tip does not have the champion their website, only the Curtis, does
anyone have the Champion or Curtis ?

        mike (concerned that industrialgold sounds too good to be true)

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/