Laid up refrigerator.

To: Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Laid up refrigerator.
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:19:52 -0700
This is my first post to this list although I've been lurking here for many
months.  With requests for activity, I figure now's my chance ;-)

Even in my own head, this is a very stupid question.  But I haven't been able to
"logic" it out.

Due to the very real power problem in California, I took the huge step of
unplugging my garage refrigerator.  "Huge" because that's where all the beer,
sodas and automatic ice maker used to live.

So, now it is unplugged. Remember it's in the garage and I have plenty of
"critters" living there.  (I should add that I'm single with no one else living
here.)

Do I leave it slightly ajar so it won't mold or get otherwise nasty?  Or, do I
close it up so many of my friendly critters don't decide to take up residence
there?

TIA

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA