Re: Personal responsibility (was Re: warning - explosive metal

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Personal responsibility (was Re: warning - explosive metal
From: "Pete Bronlund" <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:58:57 +1200
----- Original Message -----
From: John T. Blair <jblair@exis.net>
To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 3:18 AM
dust)

<snip>

> This idea that the individual has NO responsibilities for his actions, is
> going to kill manufacturing in this country.  On the British cars list,
there
> has been discussions of parts vendors NOT selling parts in the US because
of
> the extended libality from legal action.
>
> We tend to forget just how dangerous our hobby is.  There is gasoline and
> many other solvents that are quit flamable (explosive in the right
> conditions),
> So get off the manufactures backs, and accept responsibility for our
actions.

So that explains why when i opened a set of lovely brand spanking new
expensive screwdrivers, the manufacturer had so kindly enclosed a note "TOOL
NOT TO BE INSERTED IN THE EAR". I guess it is a sign of the times that
manufacturers are having to do this crazy sort of legal protection for
themselves. Soon we won't be able to buy tools!

> If you think this is too dangerious, then find another hobby.  I for one,
> want to be able to buy products made in my cournty (the USA - but this
applies
> to any), I want our people to have jobs, and I want to be able to get
parts
> for my projects - regardless of where an item is made.
>
> John
>

> John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@exis.net

 <snipped again>

///