Re: Battery

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Battery
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:28:21 -0700
Just a side note : I was in the local Pep Boys Friday, and they have
apparently resumed carrying the Optima batteries.  ISTR price was $104
for the automotive version, $127 for the deep cycle version.

One big advantage to the Optima is that they cannot leak (unless the
case is broken), or even vent acid fumes, they are truly sealed (unlike
even "maintenance free" conventional batteries, which always have a
vent).  They can also be mounted in any position (which can come in
handy when relocating the battery to the trunk), and ISTR are supposed
to be lighter.

Randall

ZinkZ10C@aol.com wrote:

> The best battery I've found is made by AC Delco.  With a properly operating
> charging system, these things _don't leak_.

///