Thanks

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:52:53 -0400
Thanks to all who responded to my "simple" question about 220v current. I
think if I can distill it all down, the piece I didn't know about was that
the two 110 legs of a 220 circuit are on different phases and that when
connected to the same item this phase relationship provides the common which
I thought was missing. I think I learned enough to pass the first section of
an apprentices exam.

Those of us who play with British cars have a very rudimentary knowledge of
anything electrical. For example, I believe that cars with Lucas systems
operate on smoke.....if you keep the smoke inside the wires, they work. If
the smoke leaks out, they don't.

BTW, I don't think I'll pose any tough questions for a while.

///