Re: The Blob Lives!

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: The Blob Lives!
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:22:04 -0400
Rush <jdrush@enter.net> wrote:

> After about a month of operation, the rotary humidifier for my forced
> air heat forms a gelatin blob in the water pan. When the blob dries it
> looks and feels just like spray foam insulation. I assume it is a mold.
> <...>

Back in the old days in Southern California, we had a "swamp cooler"
(evaporative cooler) on the roof.  Had to periodically change the straw
"filters" that flowed the water from the top to the bottom., and clean
out the algae that formed.  I added a fitting to the line from the output
of the pump.  The fitting bleed off a small quantity of water into the
overflow drain, and caused the water to be "changed out" more often
instead of just from the evaporation.  Something like this help...

Man, I really prefer living where the humidity is low, instead of here
in Virginia...

Tim Mullen

///