RE: VIRUS warning

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: VIRUS warning
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:55:54 -0800
> Better would be to not use Outlook at all if that is possible, as
> its security is truly awful.  There are a number of free mail programs
> that are superior to Outlook and lack its security holes.

Or rather, are less likely to be targeted because they are much less popular
(just like the Mac).

If you do want to keep Outlook, be sure to get the security updates to IE
(they share much of the security code).  I'm currently using IE 5.5 SP2 with
Outlook 2000, so far no one has been able to breach it.  And, as someone
already said, be sure to _use_ the security features!

Randall

///