Re: Bench vise repairs

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bench vise repairs
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:33:32 -0800
If it came from Enco or Harbor Freight, try their parts dept.  Of
course, the repair part may cost a significant fraction of the
replacement price ...

I have a 5" bench vise from Enco, which resembles P/N 427-8615 in their
current catalog ($50), that has taken all sorts of abuse for over 10
years without complaining.  If I were to replace it today, I'd probably
get the 6" version, P/N 427-8618 (125 lbs !, $60).

Randall

Eugene D Abbondelo wrote:

> For years I've been getting away with using my very large no-name bench
> vise as a press to remove/install suspension bushings.  Well, this
> weekend my luck ran out and I broke the housing that holds the screw and
> bent the screw as well.  Does anyone know of a source for repair parts?
> Alternatively,  any recommendations on a decent large bench vise besides
> the super-expensive brands like Wilton?  Thanks for any help.

///