RE: project insurance

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: project insurance
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:48:20 -0800
> what are you guys doing for insurance on a
> uncompleted truck/car/tractor/racecar/.... project ???

John :

I discussed this with my insurance agent (Mercury), and he checked with the
home office.  As long as the vehicle is not registered, and is inside the
garage or house, it should be covered under my homeowner's policy (as
'contents').  Once registered, it has to be insured separately.  We didn't
find any way to cover parts sitting in the yard, except to build a shed over
them <g>

Randall

///